As we have shared here before, USDA has provided an unprecedented opportunity for farmers markets to cover some of the costs associated with getting SNAP; specifically those costs that relate to wireless equipment and fees.
- markets can be reimbursed for: wireless point-of-sale equipment, installation, and wireless access service (can be submitted for each month since these were incurred)
- markets that received SNAP authorization after November 18, 2011 and established SNAP programs will be considered Phase 1
- in order to apply for reimbursement, the following must be submitted:
- this Claim for Reimbursement form
- receipt(s) for the equipment and/or service(s) being submitted
- grant agreement with DHR, which will be forthcoming [and updated here once available]
- Phase 2 will be markets that have never purchase or leased wireless equipment. We are still awaiting clarification on next steps for these markets.